If you live in the Virginia or Washington, DC metropolitan area and you’re thinking about selling your home, Renewal by Andersen replacement windows wants to let you know that there’s good news!
The Alexandria, VA housing market is improving. According to market statistics published by Trulia.com, even though the number of sold units falls short of 2013 numbers, the median sales price is up. It’s a seller’s market.
Here’s some more good news:
- From January to May of 2014 sellers saw sale prices increase.
- The number of days on the market remains steady – around 13 on average.
- “No seller subsidies” is a trend that’s continued for over a year.
Sounds great – right? Well, as good as it looks for Virginia and Washington, DC homeowners now, other areas are still struggling to move their property quickly and at a price that makes sense financially. Urbanturf.com reported in May that home prices fell by 12.3% compared to 2013 numbers and Falls Church City lost 2.8% in the year over year comparison.
Part of the decline in the lackluster numbers is attributable to fewer distressed sales. But, there is still good news for homeowners living in those pockets with less-than-optimal selling conditions. There are some steps you can take to increase buyer interest and boost selling prices.
Create a Look That Demands a Second Look
One of the Top 5 tips from real estate agents to increase interest in your home is to dress your home in Sunday’s best. This means you need to power wash your siding, update the trim and exterior doors and scatter a few lights in the landscaping and along pathways. The idea is to make your home look better than the others on the block to capture potential buyers’ attention.
Replacement Windows are a Key Part of Improving Curb Appeal in Virginia and Washington, DC
Creating a stunning curb appeal – the first thing buyers see when they view your property – is one of the most valuable investments sellers can make to boost their listing price. The 2013 Cost vs Value Report shows exterior upgrades, including replacement window installation, are at the top of the list when it comes to return on investment. Creating value for your buyers is important if you’re looking for a quick sale.
The Cost vs Value report showed that homeowners recouped around 70% on vinyl and wood framed replacement windows (71.2% and 68.4% respectively), but our window consultants can show you how our patented Fibrex window frames add more value and higher return on investment with low-maintenance features and energy-efficient design elements wood and vinyl don’t offer. Ask about independent research and Energy Star Awards that support that claim when you call.
Your Virginia and Washington, DC Replacement Windows’ Role in Curb Appeal
Windows add interest and character to your home. Depending on whether you choose a solid pane of glass without embellishments to create a minimalist tone or you choose to create a design feature with grilles to complement your home’s architectural style, windows give a voice to your property’s personality and spirit.
Creating Long-lasting Value for Buyers
With depressed listings dropping sharply, buyers don’t have the pick of the field like they did a few years ago, but they’re looking for value-added features. Adding information to your listing about projected energy savings should draw more interest.
When you share details like the ones below about your recent replacement window upgrades, buyers will smile – all the way to the closing table.
- Fibrex frames, unlike wood frames, won’t rot, peel, flake or require painting to stay beautiful and functional. And, your investment is protected by the Renewal by Andersen transferable limited warranty for 10 years.
- Energy-efficient glass options can save Virginia homeowners up to 25% on cooling bills during the hot muggy summers.
- Compared to standard glass, our most efficient glass option, High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun, is 70% more efficient during the sweltering summer months and 47% more efficient during winter.
- The exclusive Renewal by Andersen warranty is fully transferable. And, our no-hassles coverage provides benefits for damages caused by faulty installation for two years from original install date. But, don’t expect to file a claim; our installers are fully trained and carefully selected.
Update Your Home’s Curb Appeal & Get More $$ with Renewal by Andersen of Virginia & Washington, DC Replacement Windows & Patio Doors
What do you think? Ready to improve your home’s curb appeal and raise the resale value of your Virginia or Washington, DC home with Renewal by Andersen replacement windows? We’re here to help you create a stunning first impression to put your property at the top of the list desirable properties. Give us a call at 1-877-915-9940 to schedule a complimentary in-home visit. Want us to call you? Fill in your contact information in the form on the page and we’ll get right back to you.